Video courses recorded in Mediasite are eligible for UFIT captioning. Requests should be submitted a minimum to two weeks prior to the start of the semester.
Centrally Funded Captioning Requirements
- On-Demand registered video captioning requests through the Disability Resource Center
- Distance Sections, 80% or more online (as designated by the delivery method indicator in the registrar data) General Education courses, high enrollment with reusable video, undergraduate, OR external vendor content.
- Recordedface to face classes (lecture-capture, without a Distance Course Section)
- Self-funded sections
- Courses not funded will be eligible for UF Pricing through an Administrative Captioning Office.
- For those courses that are less than 80% online, waivers are available in certain circumstances and based on the availability of funds.
Courses with a student wishing to register with the Disability Resource Center for captioning needs should contact Anne Allen, Interim EITCA Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org