Video courses recorded in Mediasite are eligible for UFIT captioning. Requests should be submitted a minimum to two weeks prior to the start of the semester.
Centrally Funded Captioning Requirements
- On-Demandregistered video captioning requests through the Disability Resource Center
- DistanceSections, 80% or more online (as designated by the delivery method indicator inthe registrar data) General Education courses, high enrollment with reusablevideo, undergraduate, OR external vendor content.
- Recordedface to face classes (lecture-capture, without a Distance Course Section)
- Coursesnot funded will be eligible for UF Pricing through and AdministrativeCaptioning Office.
- For those courses thatare less than 80% online, waivers are available in certain circumstances andbased on the availability of funds.
Courses with a studentwishing to register with the Disability Resource Center for captioning needsshould contact Anne Allen, Interim EIT Accessibility Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org